Tagliatelle with Parmesan, Pine Nuts and Lemon
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||25 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
The flavours of this simple appetizer or main course allow the characteristic of each ingredient to shine through.
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuppine nutpine nuts
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupminced fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp 3tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfinely grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 12 oz 12ozTagliatelle or fettuccine pasta
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupgrated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese or Parmesan cheese
In small skillet, toast pine nuts over medium-low heat, stirring often, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Let cool.
In bowl, combine 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the parsley, olive oil, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper; cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, about 8 minutes. Reserving 3/4 cup (175 mL) cooking liquid, drain and return to pot. Toss with parsley mixture, reserved cooking liquid, cheese and half of the pine nuts. Transfer to warmed platter; sprinkle with remaining parsley and pine nuts.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2007