Terrific Turkey Stock
This recipe makes 6 cups servings
- Portion size: 6 cups (1.5 L)
- 12 cups 12cupscold water
- 1 1turkey carcassturkey carcasses, broken into 3 or 4 pieces
- 2 stalks 2stalkscelery, coarsely chopped
- 2 2carrotcarrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 2unpeeled oniononions, coarsely chopped
- 1 1bay leafbay leaves
- 1 tbsp 1tbspdried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1tbspblack peppercornblack peppercorns
- 6 stems 6stemsparsley
In large stockpot, combine water, turkey pieces, celery, carrots, onions, bay leaf, thyme, peppercorns and parsley. Bring to boil; skim off any foam. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 hours.
Strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve set over large bowl; let cool. Refrigerate until fat solidifies on surface, about 8 hours; remove fat. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 4 months.
All about turkey: Get more turkey recipes, tips and advice in our All-Important Turkey page
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2006