Tofu and Vegetable Skewers with Peanut Sauce
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||22 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4
A simple side of fluffy Easy Rice (see recipe link below) is all you need to round out this tasty meal.
- 1 pkg 1pkgextra-firm tofu
- 2 cups 2cupssnow peasnow peas, trimmed
- 2 cups 2cupscherry tomatocherry tomatoes
- 2 cups 2cupssmall mushroommushrooms
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, sliced Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupsmooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsoy sauce
- 2 tbsp 2tbspketchup
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 2 2clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
Peanut Sauce: In bowl, whisk together peanut butter, 1/2 cup (125 mL) warm water, soy sauce, ketchup, lemon juice and garlic. Set aside 3/4 cup (175 mL).
Pat tofu dry. Cut in half horizontally; cut in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise 5 times for a total of 24 pieces. Add to bowl; let stand for 10 minutes. Thread onto 4 skewers.
Meanwhile, in separate bowl, toss together snow peas, tomatoes, mushrooms, oil, salt and pepper. Alternately thread vegetables onto 8 skewers.
Place vegetable and tofu skewers on greased grill over medium-high heat. Close lid and cook, turning once, until tofu is browned and vegetables are tender-crisp, 10 minutes. To serve, drizzle with reserved peanut sauce; sprinkle with onions.
Serve with: Easy Rice
More tofu recipes:
- Eggplant and Tofu in Spicy Meat Sauce
- Tofu Burritos
- Spaghetti and Tofu Balls
- Vegetarian Tofu Chili
- Roasted Jerk Tofu
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2002