Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Pot Pie
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||25 g|
|sat. fat||10 g|
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cook time : 1 hour
- Total time : PT1H30M
- Portion size: 4
Use the pastry recipe on this page, or subsitute your favourite.
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1/2 1/2oniononions, diced
- 1 cup 1cupchopped leekleeks, (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup 1cupchopped celery
- 1 cup 1cupchopped carrot
- 8 oz 8ozcremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupall-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried thyme
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried savory
- 6 cups 6cupsHomemade Turkey Stock Recipe
- 4 cups 4cupschopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup 1cupfrozen peas
- 1 1Easy Flaky Pastry Recipe
In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, leeks, celery and carrot, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
Add flour, salt, thyme, pepper and savory; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Slowly pour in stock, stirring and scraping up browned bits; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in turkey and peas. Pour into 6- to 8-cup (1.5 to 2 L) casserole dish.
On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit top of casserole dish. Press over dish; trim to leave 3/4-inch (2 cm) overhang. Fold overhang under pastry rim; flute to seal. Brush top with water; cut steam vents.
Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (180°C); bake until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2010