Twice-Baked Mushroom Potatoes
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||12 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
Serve with: Almond Green Beans
- 4 large 4largebaking potatobaking potatoes, about 2lb
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups 2cupschopped mushroommushrooms
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1 tsp 1tspWorcestershire sauce
- 4 4green oniongreen onions, chopped
- 1 cup 1cupshredded Gouda cheese or Jarlsberg cheese
Using fork, prick each potato in several places; microwave at High for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, turning potatoes halfway through.
Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook garlic, mushrooms, oregano, salt and pepper, stirring often, until mushrooms are golden and no liquid remains, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
Cut thin slice from across top of each potato; scoop out flesh into large bowl, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick shells.
With potato masher, mash potatoes; stir in mushroom mixture. Mix in all but 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the green onions. Spoon back into shells, mounding slightly. Sprinkle with cheese.
Place potatoes in metal cake pan; broil just until cheese is golden, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining green onions.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2002