Twice-Baked Parmesan Rosemary Sweet Potatoes
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||12 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
Special enough for company, these potatoes are easy to make plus very nutritious. They are extremely high in beta-carotene and an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium and fibre.
- 4 4sweet potatosweet potatoes, (2-1/2 lb), scrubbed
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1pinch salt
- 1 tbsp 1tbsp10% cream or milk
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbutter
- 2 tsp 2tspfinely chopped fresh rosemary or fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupgrated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupfinely chopped green oniongreen onions, green parts only
- 1 1pinch smoked paprika or sweet paprika
Halve potatoes lengthwise. Brush all over with oil; sprinkle with salt. Place, cut side down, on greased or foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until fork-tender. Let cool slightly.
Scoop flesh into food processor, leaving 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick shell; set shells aside. Add cream, butter and rosemary; pur?until smooth. Pulse in all but 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the cheese; pulse in onions.
Spoon puree into potato shells; sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika. Bake on baking sheet for 10 to 12 minutes or until hot and golden brown.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2008