White Bean and Kale Soup
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 6
Chock-full of flavour and healthful ingredients, this vegetarian soup can go from kitchen to table in less than an hour.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspground coriander
- 1 tsp 1tspground cumin
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 8 cups 8cupsvegetable stock
- 2 cans (19 oz/540 mL) 2cans (19 oz/540 mL)navy or white kidney beankidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups 2cupsdiced potato
- 2 cups 2cupsdiced rutabaga
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 6 cups 6cupsshredded deveined kale or spinach
In Dutch oven, heat half of the oil over medium heat; add onion, garlic, parsley, coriander, cumin and pepper. Cook, stirring, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Add stock, 2 cups (500 mL) water, beans, potato, rutabaga and salt ; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegetables are almost tender, about 15 minutes.
Add kale; cook until tender, about 15 minutes (if using spinach, cook for 2 minutes). (Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cold. Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.) Drizzle with remaining oil.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com