Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf
This recipe makes 8 servings
- Portion size: 6 to 8
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter
- 2 cups 2cupssliced mushroommushrooms, (about 6 oz/175 g)
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 1 cup 1cupwild rice, rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupschicken stock
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuptoasted hazelnuthazelnuts, chopped
- 2 2chopped green oniongreen onions
In large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms and onion, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add rice, stirring to coat grains.
Stir in stock; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 45 to 55 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Stir in parsley, hazelnuts, green onions, and salt and pepper to taste.
Additional information :
Tip: To toast hazelnuts, place on baking sheet in 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Wrap in clean tea towels and rub off skins.