Wild Rice Crêpes with Chicken and Mushrooms
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||31 g|
|sat. fat||14 g|
- Portion size: 6
For the fresh mushrooms, you can use cremini, white button or shiitake mushroom caps.
- 1 pkg (14 g) 1pkg (14 g)dried porcini mushroomdried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 3 3boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter
- 4 cups 4cupsthinly sliced fresh mushroomfresh mushrooms
- 1/2 1/2oniononions, diced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 4 oz 4ozlight cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tsp 2tspminced fresh sage or thyme, (or 1/2 tsp/2 mL dried)
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgrated Parmesan cheese
- 12 12wild rice crepewild rice crepes
- 2 cups 2cupsTomato Red Pepper Sauce
Grease 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish; set aside.
In heatproof bowl, cover porcini mushrooms with 2/3 cup (150 mL) boiling water; let stand until softened, 20 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid. Chop mushrooms.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken. Transfer to bowl; set aside.
Add half of the butter to pan and melt over medium-high heat; sautee soaked and fresh mushrooms, onion, salt and pepper until tender and liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Return chicken to pan. Stir in cream cheese, sage and reserved soaking liquid; simmer over medium heat until smooth and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 3 minutes. Stir in all but 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the Parmesan; let cool slightly.
Spoon about 1/3 cup (75 mL) filling in line along centre of each crepe. Roll up and arrange snugly, seam side down and in single layer, in prepared pan. (Make-ahead: Cover with foil and refrigerate for up to 24 hours; bake for 10 minutes longer, uncovering for last 15 minutes.)
Melt remaining butter; brush over crepes. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until heated through, about 35 minutes.
Spoon Tomato Red Pepper Sauce onto each plate; top with 2 crepes.
Source : Holiday Celebrations: 2007