Hello, and welcome to the
! As the holiday frenzy ramps up, it's easy to get swept along in a frenzy of shopping, baking, wrapping and Christmas Concert–attending. Yes, it's fun, but sometimes it's nice to be able to sit back, relax, and make something.
Starting next Friday and continuing until December 21, we'll gather here each Friday for a bit of crafty holiday cheer. It's like a Christmas crafting party (but you don't have to clean your house first!) Each week you'll find:
- a tutorial for a cute Christmas ornament to keep or give away;
- a Tested-Til-Perfect holiday recipe;
- a festive song suggestion for your holiday playlist; and
- a chance to WIN a great prize!
, we'll be creating 6 different projects, each using a different crafting technique – so there will be something for everyone. And, because many of the projects are small, they'll be perfect for using up those beautiful bits and bobs you've been saving – which makes this series easy on your budget, too. Here's how to join in on the fun (and be eligible to win prizes):
- Sign up by leaving a comment on this post.
- Participate by making at least one of the crafts.
- Tell us about your craft – or post a photo – in the comment section each week.
- Post a picture of your craft on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #CLHolidayCAL
Each week, we'll take a look at the comments and photos and enter you for that week's giveaway. We've got books, craft supplies and cookbooks to give away, so be sure to enter! And because we'd LOVE to see your photos, each picture you send us doubles your chances of winning. So dig out your craft supplies, whip up some
and get a batch of
in the oven. Next week, the fun begins!