1. From flat carton top, cut a 4 cm (1-5/8-inch) square, then cut 2 ears, 1 tail and 1 nose using patterns. From carton bottom cut out 2 "points" (centred between egg cups). Trim each point straight around bottom edge to make it 2.5 cm (1 inch) high.
2. At top of 1 point (body), carefully poke hole to fit your finger. On other point (head), cut flap on bold lines as shown in Dog Head Diagram and fold up along red line. Leaving flap loose, apply glue to bottom edges of head; place on square and press down firmly until glue sets. Let dry. Apply glue to outside of flap; tuck flap into finger hole; clamp flap to body. Let dry.
3. Fold each ear along red line; apply glue to flap above fold; glue to top of head. Fold tail along red line; apply glue to flap above fold; glue inside body at back and clamp. Glue on nose. Let dry.
4. Paint. Let dry. From stiff white paper, punch out 2 eyes; draw on pupils with marker; glue in place.
1. Cut out pieces as in Step 1 for dog.
2. Assemble as in Step 2 for dog, then angle ears and glue flat to back of head, glue tail sideways across body back and glue whiskers under nose. Finish as in Step 4 for dog.
1. Cut out pieces as in Step 1 for dog, trimming each point just enough to straighten bottom edge.
2. Assemble as in Step 2 for dog, then angle ears and glue flat to back of head. Finish as in Step 4 for dog.
1. From flat carton top, cut 2 wings, 3 tail feathers and 1 beak using patterns. From carton bottom, cut 1 corner cup (head) and 1 inside cup (body); trim cups straight around top edge to make them 2.5 cm (1 inch) and 3 cm (1-1/8-inch) high, respectively. Apply glue to beak above green line; glue to flat head front; clamp. Let dry.
2. At top of body, poke hole to fit your finger. Ask an adult to make horizontal slit with knife approx 1.5 cm (5/8-inch) long in each side of body, approx 1.5 cm from bottom edge. Fold wings along red lines. From inside, push wing tips through slits to fold. Glue flaps to inside; clamp. Let dry. Apply glue inside back and sides of head; place over body, pinching head to sides until glue sets. Let dry. Glue tail feathers in place along bottom edge; clamp. Let dry. Finish as in Step 4 for dog.