©iStockphoto.com/Moncherie Image by: ©iStockphoto.com/Moncherie
Applying glitter is a great way to revive ordinary colored ball ornaments you already own. All you need is glue, along with glitter, and a little imagination to create any design you like. You can also personalize an ornament by writing someone's name on the side. Use the nozzle of the glue bottle to write the name, then apply glitter. Date the other side using the same method, and you've created a holiday keepsake.
• Cookie sheet
• Kitchen aluminum foil
• 3-inch-diameter pink glass ball ornament with removable metal cap
• 6-inch square Styrofoam block
• Drinking straw
• High-tack white glue
• Micro glitter in coordinating color
Take a look at a larger image of the finished decorated ornaments.
1. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Remove cap from glass ball and set aside.
2. To facilitate decorating, place Styrofoam block on cookie sheet and stick straw in center. Insert cap end of glass ball on straw.
3. Make swirl design or other desired design on surface of ball with nozzle of glue bottle.
4. Sprinkle glitter over glued areas. Let dry completely. Shake off excess glitter. Replace cap.
Excerpted from Instant Gratification Cards: Fast & Fabulous Projects by Carol Endler Sterbenz and Genevieve A. Sterbenz. Photographs by Julie Toy (Chronicle Books, 2000).
Page 1 of 1