Sprouts growing out of the top of an egg? What a great way to grow sprouts for sandwiches and have eggs for egg salad sandwiches. Look for seeds in a health food store.
• 2 eggs
• small saucepan
• small sharp knife
• small coffee spoon
• small bowl
• permanent colored markers
• cotton balls
• alfalfa, cress or sprouting radish seeds
• pipe cleaners
1. Place eggs in small saucepan; cover with cold water. Place over medium-high heat and bring to boil.
2. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. Carefully pour off water; fill saucepan with cold water and let eggs cool. (Want to save some for eating? How to cook an egg to perfection.)
3. Tap lightly all around top of pointed end of egg to break shell. Break off shell about a quarter of the way down egg. With spoon, carefully scoop out egg into bowl; cover and refrigerate for salad. Wipe shells clean; let dry.
4. With markers, draw a face on front of each shell. Fill shells with cotton balls and moisten with water.
5. Sprinkle seeds on top of cotton balls. Place shells in egg cups; set in warm spot, adding a little water every day, until seeds sprout.
Makes 2 egg heads.
Page 1 of 1