Create this long-lasting autumn centrepiece using a faux craft pumpkin and on-trend hardy succulents.
1. Gather your materials: faux pumpkin, pencil, hot craft knife (we used the Walnut Hollow Professional HotKnife from amazon.ca), plastic container to fit inside the pumpkin (a lunch container from a dollar store works like a charm!), potting soil and several small succulents.
2. Using the pencil, draw a line around the stem of the pumpkin, ensuring that the circle is wide enough for the succulents.
3. Using the hot knife (it will cut smoothly through the plastic pumpkin) or a sharp knife (if you don't have a hot knife on hand), cut out the opening.
4. Set the plastic container upside down inside the pumpkin. This will provide a raised surface for the succulents.
5. Fill the pumpkin with potting soil, leaving room in the centre.
6. Plant the succulents in the pumpkin, adding more soil if necessary. Happy Thanksgiving!
To pull off your best Thanksgiving yet, visit our ultimate Thanksgiving dinner guide.
Crunchy-Top Blueberry Muffins <br /> Photography by Mark Burstyn Credits: Crunchy-Top Blueberry Muffins <br /> Photography by Mark Burstyn
Artwork has the power to transform the look of any room in your home, but it can be hard to find a perfect piece that fits your space and your budget. Our favourite online destinations for affordable art will help you decorate your walls without emptying your wallet.
Society6 is home to hundreds of thousands of artists from all over the world. Each piece is available either as a gallery quality print (multiple sizes and framing available), or on canvas or metal. With a huge selection and prices starting at only $17, there is something for everyone.
The team at 20x200 believe that everyone can—and should—collect art. They collaborate with more than 300 artists to create exclusive pieces of art starting at just $24.
Everyone’s favourite bookstore is now a destination for home décor. The selection of artwork includes everything from fun typography prints to travel-inspired landscapes. The selection gets updated seasonally so check back frequently!
Etsy is an online community where artisans from all over the world sell handcrafted goods, including an incredible selection of original art and prints. Shoppers can save favourite items (for later purchase) by registering for free and becoming part of the Etsy community.
Started in 2007, Minted is an online marketplace for independent artists from across the globe. The varied selection of budget-friendly art is available in sizes ranging from 5 x 7 inches to 40 x 54 inches. You can search for the perfect piece of art based on style, shape and even colour. Custom framing is also available.
You've secured your costume for Halloween, but what about your beloved pet? Should you co-ordinate or should you let them shine on their own? If you're stuck on ideas or are just here for some cute photos, we've got you covered with these totally adorable Halloween pet costume ideas.
Gotta catch 'em all!
To purr-tect and serve.
Catnip is my kryptonite.
...with extra sprinkles on top!
...had a very twitchy nose.
#TacoTuesdays are my favourite day of the week!
Not your average smartdog.
I can't make honey, but I sure am sweet.
Under the sea, darling it's better, down where it's wetter, take it from me.
I'll have reduced sodium soy sauce with my sushi, thank you very much.
Ready for Halloween, Christmas and my close-up!
You've got a friend in me.