Create this long-lasting autumn centrepiece using a faux craft pumpkin and on-trend hardy succulents.
1. Gather your materials: faux pumpkin, pencil, hot craft knife (we used the Walnut Hollow Professional HotKnife from amazon.ca), plastic container to fit inside the pumpkin (a lunch container from a dollar store works like a charm!), potting soil and several small succulents.
2. Using the pencil, draw a line around the stem of the pumpkin, ensuring that the circle is wide enough for the succulents.
3. Using the hot knife (it will cut smoothly through the plastic pumpkin) or a sharp knife (if you don't have a hot knife on hand), cut out the opening.
4. Set the plastic container upside down inside the pumpkin. This will provide a raised surface for the succulents.
5. Fill the pumpkin with potting soil, leaving room in the centre.
6. Plant the succulents in the pumpkin, adding more soil if necessary. Happy Thanksgiving!
To pull off your best Thanksgiving yet, visit our ultimate Thanksgiving dinner guide.