Hi friends, I really need to see a glimpse of the light at the end of the purple sweater tunnel, so I've been looking for quilting inspiration online recently. I like to alternate between projects – when I finish a big knitting project, I switch to quilting, and vice versa – it's one of the ways I keep myself motivated. Knowing there's a fun new project around the corner spurs me on, and there are times (like now!) when it's about the only thing that keeps a half-finished project from ending up scrumbled into a shopping bag and shoved into the deepest darkest corner of my closet.
[caption id="attachment_1435" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="I've also taken to bribing myself with flowers."]
[/caption] Anyway, here are a few things, quilty and non, that have been inspiring me to
knit faster! this week.
- Whether you're a quilter or not, I can guarantee you'll be wowed by Jennifer's pictures of quilts from the 2010 Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival. (Check out Jennifer's blog, Moving Hands, too.)
- The Workroom has a new class calendar out, and as usual I'm sorely tempted. This Buzz Saw Quilt looks pretty neat.
- This picture has me thinking about terrariums again. All but one of mine suffered dry and desert-y demises, but maybe it's time for me to try again.
- Have you tried paper-cutting yet? I think this silhouette of a boy riding a dinosaur is pretty rad. (From the Scherenschnitte blog.)
- This is an awesome baby quilt.
- Here's a tutorial showing how to personalize a tshirt with bleach. It looks so much better when it happens on purpose.