It's not technically fall yet, but it sure does feel like it (and yesterday I actually saw Halloween decorations for sale). To me, this time of year is way more exciting than the first of January: trees, flowers, food, clothing, everything is saturated with rich colours. It's difficult not to be inspired! I've been drawing a lot of ideas from Pinterest. If you haven't checked it out, it's a virtual board where you can post images you love to share them with others (or if you'd prefer, you can just browse around). It's like having an ever-changing inspiration board (and easier to manage...mine has started to gather dust). Here are some autumnal craft projects I've come across lately. What's been inspiring you?
- Create a gorgeous cascade of silver teapots for your backyard
- Make a fall leaf mobile from yarn scraps and a twig
- I'd be super impressed if anyone could recreate this cutaway leaf art (via neatorama)
- Craft pretty pine cones with felt or yarn or paper
- Use the shells you gathered over the summer to make beachy candles
- Sew up a leafy table runner (via apartment therapy)
- Celebrate fall with paper crafts, such as a wall hanger or loopy wreath
- And for a little bit of eye candy, check out the lovely fall pattern and fabric lineups from Lisette!