One of my favourite things to daydream about when I'm hiberknitting is flinging my craft supplies into a suitcase and taking off on a crafty adventure. It's the perfect opportunity to meet new people and try new things (and in my imagination, all these adventures are located somewhere tropical!) Today I put down my needles and did a bit of internet-searching, and as it turns out, there are all sorts of options for people who are interested in craft retreats, workshops and classes. Here are some of the ones that caught my eye.
- Squam Art Workshops – I've been twice and had lots of fun both times. The spring workshop is already full (!) but I think there are still spaces left in the others. I recommend it highly.
- Shetland Wool Week – Wouldn't it be great to take a trip to Scotland and soak up some knitting knowledge?
- Alabama Chanin Studio Weekend – Imagine a weekend of handstitching in Florence, Alabama. Road trip, anyone?
- Surface Printing with Lotta Jansdotter – A primer on printmaking. It sounds a little messy and a lot fun.
- Sewing Workshops with Heather Ross – I'll admit my eye was caught by the Palm Springs workshops (too late, sadly). Then again, NYC might be fun...