Hi friends, I'll admit it: I'd choose sun over rain any day of the week. That can make early spring a difficult time for me – and my friends! – because when the world is soggy, I can get a wee bit cranky. Then again, a wet weekend is the perfect excuse to stay inside and get crafty, and hoo boy, do I have plans for this weekend!! Here are some of the things I'd like to do:
- Print some "Get Excited and Make Things" notecards (see image above). I was so excited when I saw that poster on Flickr last weekend! It's modelled on "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster that's been making the rounds, and I love it. You can download the image to make something of your own (get some ideas here) – but please respect the Creative Commons licence, and don't sell the things you make!
- Make a fab new picnic blanket. I saw some great plasticized fabric last weekend at MacFab that would be perfect for this.
- Repurpose an Altoid tin into a sewing kit: since I started working on crafts, anyone in the office with a sewing emergency seems to end up at my desk, looking for a needle and thread. On Monday, I'll be prepared.
- Plant a terrarium. This has been on my list for a while. Last weekend I went to a church rummage sale and picked up some great antique Ball jars that would be perfect for this project. All I need now is a tiny plastic dinosaur...(get more terrarium ideas here.)
- Sew my summer tote bag. I like this one.
- Knit a swatch for these amazing socks.
- Sew up a couple snap coin purses. They're quick, easy and cute, and a wonderful way to use up fabric scraps. If you're in Toronto, you can buy the purse frames (or take the class) at The Workroom.
- Read the first issue of Uppercase Magazine. I can't wait to get my paws on it!