Image: Genevieve Pizzale
Celebrate our Winter Olympic performance as we track Canada's medal wins! Make sure to keep checking back for all the updates!
- Canada captured its first couple of medals—a silver and a bronze—in the men’s snowboard slopestyle event. Max Parrot nabbed a silver medal and Mark McMorris bronze to put Canada on the board.
- Speed skater Ted Bloemen took the silver in the men’s 5,000 metres.
- Justine Dufour-Lapointe took the silver medal in women’s moguls at the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics
- Snowboarder Laurie Blouin won a silver medal in the women’s slopestyle event.
- Canada took home its first gold medal thanks to a score of 73 (well ahead of Russia and the United States who had 66 and 63, respectively) in the team figure skating competition. Great performances by Gabrielle Daleman, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir put Canada ahead. Also on the team is Eric Radford who became the first openly gay man to win a gold medal at the winter Olympics!
- Canadian skier Mikaël Kingsbury won the gold medal in the men’s freestyle moguls.
- Canadians John Morrs and Kaitlyn won Olympic gold in mixed doubles curling.
- Speed skater Kim Boutin takes home the bronze in the women's short track event.
- Alex Gough wins bronze in the women's luge event, a medal first in the history of Canada at the Olympics for this sport.
- Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford won the bronze medal for the pair figure skating.
- Canada won silver for the team relay luge.
- Speed skater Ted-Jan Bloemen won gold (his second medal of the games) for the men's 10,000m speed skating event.