©iStockphoto.com/Sean Locke Image by: ©iStockphoto.com/Sean Locke
As summer winds down and fall creeps up on you, it's time to prepare for the start of a new school year. Whether you're sending your little one off on the bus for the first time or watching your teen dash out the door for his or her final year of high school, the back-to-school season means going back to pencils, notebooks and assignments, and the need to get organized.
The choices of back-to-school supplies may seem endless, but if you sort through the options you'll be able to pick the best ones for your kids. Plus, find out how to start the new school year on the right foot. And if you're looking for meals that won't come home uneaten in your young scholar's lunch box, you'll need the best kid-friendly meals they'll love. Also, don't miss our quick and easy recipes that make weeknight dinners a breeze.
Our ultimate back-to-school guide helps you get back into the swing of things with ease.
Healthy snack and lunch solutions
Making lunches that are both kid-friendly and Mom-approved is a cinch. The following recipes, from quick and easy snack bars for on-the-go energy to tasty lunch solutions, are ones your kids will love.
2. Lunch box cereal bars
3. Back to school lunch solutions
Start the year off brilliantly with recipes and packing tips from the Test Kitchen.
4. Lunch box trail mix
This trail mix makes an easy, portable snack for kids and adults alike.
5. How to pack a perfect lunch for kids
6. Healthy snacks for kids, plus 7 recipes
Seven classic snack recipes get a healthy makeover. Don't worry, your kids will love them.
7. Peanut butter and banana bars
These moist breakfast bars are like muffins in a new shape. They can be individually wrapped and stored in the refrigerator for two days, making it easy for kids to help themselves. They also make welcome after-school snacks.
8. 10 fun and easy snack recipes made with cereal
Squares, cookies or trail mixes featuring cereal are fun and easy snacks to make for the whole family to enjoy. Quick, no-bake recipes also mean you can get the kids involved with little fuss or bother.
9. Photo gallery: After-school snacks kids can make themselves
Hungry kids can help themselves to these easy and healthy after-school snack ideas.
A hearty meal gives your little learners the energy they need to learn and make healthy choices throughout the day; so check out top picks for kid-friendly food below.
10. Photo gallery: 7 awesome 5-ingredient dinners
Made in minutes with just a handful of ingredients, these tasty dishes are simple and full of flavour. The whole family will love them!
11. Photo gallery: Kid-friendly, healthy meal ideas
Cook up five healthy, family-friendly meals that cater to the kid in all of us.
12. Breakfast for learning
13. Yummy breakfast recipes for kids
14. Breakfasts at breakneck speed: Fruity smoothies or savoury eggs
Page 1 of 2 -- Get easy home office organization and stress-free solutions for going back to school on page 2
Easy home office projects
A clean and organized desk is essential for getting homework done with minimal distractions. To keep your kids motivated to stay on top of assignments, consider a set-up that's easy to keep clean.
Desks can become a dumping ground that makes it impossible to get work done. These DIY tips and tricks will help keep your child's learning space organized, but still personal enough to inspire creativity.
16. Photo gallery: desk organization at its best
Liven up your workspace and get inspired with these five quick and easy crafts that will organize the most drab desk and add lots of personality.
17. 10 neat ways to organize your home office
18. Photo gallery: Cork bulletin board DIY project
Wondering how any work gets done at your messy desk? Organize your workspace with this beautiful designer cork bulletin board.
19. Easy craft: Learn how to stencil a tote bag
20. Simple door organizer craft for kids
With the help of some great money-saving tips, you don't have to break the bank to make sure they return to class prepared and in style. Learn how to save on back-to-school essentials, teach your kids about money, and find the perfect tech gear with these helpful articles.
21. Photo gallery: 10 can't-miss back-to-school supplies
22. 14 ways to save money on child care
Raising kids is expensive enough -- paying people to take care of them while you're at work just makes it worse. Here are some great ways to help you save money and lower the costs of child care.
23. 6 ways to get great clothing deals
24. What you need to know about student loans
25. The dos and don'ts of teaching your kids about money
26. Find your ideal computer with these 7 tips
Do you need a laptop, netbook, desktop or a tablet? Learn pros and cons of each brand and operating system in our computer buyers guide.
Whether you're preparing a little one for the first day of kindergarten or helping another to deal with a school bully -- we've got you covered!
27. Preparing your child for kindergarten
28. 4 creative ways to help your kid eat a healthy lunch
29. Backpack buying tips
30. Get organized for back to school
31. How to help your child deal with a bully
32. How to keep your kids safe online
34. Best educational apps for kids
35. The best online homework help
Using the Internet for homework assistance requires both awareness and participation from parents. Here are some useful sites that will help you enhance your child's learning experiences at home.
Page 2 of 2