When it comes to anti-aging ingredients, retinol reigns supreme. It's the purest form of vitamin A, which works on a molecular level to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, stimulate and maintain the production of collagen and infuse the skin with radiance from the inside out. But enough science. When it comes to retinol in skincare products, nothing beats RoC. This Parisian skincare company was the first to stabilize retinol 25 years ago and has since dedicated itself to slowing the signs of aging. This summer, RoC released a new line of retinol-based skincare products, and we couldn’t wait to give this skin-smoothing formulation a try.
The Retin-Ox Correxion collection includes an eye cream (it's a rarity to find retinol in an eye product), a line filler and an anti-wrinkle serum, as well as retinol-rich moisturizers for night and day. The line feels luxurious on the skin, but what we’re most impressed by is the ingredient list. From the nourishing anti-wrinkle cream to the smoothing anti-wrinkle moisturizer, each product in the lot features a fusion of the following wrinkle-busting workhorses. Here's what's inside:
- Pure RoC retinol: Retinol speeds up cell growth and quickens the pace of rejuvenation in the upper layers of the epidermis, all while increasing skin density and minimizing the appearance of inelasticity.
- Hyaluronic acid: Also known as hyaluronan, it works to plump and smooth the look of wrinkles by binding water to the skin for extra moisture.
- Biopeptides: These amino acids help boost the functioning of the retinol.
- Retin-Ox Correxion Smoothing Anti-Wrinkle Moisturiser – Day, $49.
- Retin-Ox Correxion Nourishing Anti-Wrinkle Cream – Night, $49.
- Retin-Ox Correxion Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Serum, $50.
- Retin-Ox Correxion Instant Wrinkle Filler, $58.
- Retin Ox-Correxion Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream, $36.