Move aside rhinestones, step off hoops, peace out power studs, there's a new statement earring in town: tassel earrings. These shoulder dusters are graphically ideal, long, clean yet still playful and luxe. The trend is a slow burner, tassel jewellery gained in popularity after The Great Gatsby movie craze of 2013. We saw an influx of bags, necklaces, bracelets, but the earrings are now stronger than ever. These beautiful extras come in a number materials, from silk threads, chain link, beads and metallic spikes. With such variety you'll be sure to find one that will fit your style sense—and budget. Worried that these tassels are only appropriate for a glamed up occasion? Take the drama out of these earrings and make them wearable for everyday by pairing them with a simple pony tail, white tee and dark skinny jeans. Keep makeup minimal and let these details be your only accessory, aside from a over-sized watch. Shop the trend:
- Rachel Zoe Faceted Crystal tassel earrings, $75, nordstromrack.com.
- Night Market tassel earrings, $171, farfetch.com.
- Tassel dazzel earrings, $20, modcloth.com.
- Oscar de la Renta classic short tassel earrings, $390, shopbop.com.
- Chanterelle tassel drops, $34, baublebar.com.
- Suzywan Deluxe Tila tassle earrings, $34, dollskill.com.