Banquet Burgers with Canadian Cheddar
Photography by Yvonne Duivenvoorden Image by: Banquet Burgers with Canadian Cheddar<br />Photography by Yvonne Duivenvoorden
Gourmet Gorgonzola Burgers will satisfy the most discerning of burger connoisseurs. Lamb Burgers with Hummus are tasty made with ground lamb or beef. Fresh Salmon Burgers with Tomato Tartar Sauce are an elegant spin on the usual burger. Or satisfy the traditionalist with Banquet Burgers, seen in the image above.
Looking for an alternative to a meat burger? This tasty Chickpea Burger is for you.
• Chili sauce, salsa or barbecue sauce instead of ketchup.
• Russian, honey or Dijon-style mustard instead of ballpark mustard.
• Corn or zucchini relish instead of regular relish.
• Include lots of fresh veggies, such as watercress, arugula, alfalfa sprouts or sliced avocado.
• Sliced Swiss or fontina cheese, Brie, herbed cream cheese, crumbled blue or feta cheese.
• Sautéed mushrooms or onions, pesto, olive tapenade, tzatziki, or guacamole.
More than a bun
• Sandwich burgers in split focaccia, pita pockets, tortilla wraps, sour dough, pumpernickel or rye rolls.
• Or go carb-free and use large leaves of romaine lettuce instead.
Father’s Day is around the corner –– celebrate with a simple meal of his favourite foods like this fun take on the traditional clubhouse sandwich: Grilled Chicken Club Salad.
Mark the beginning of blueberry season with a batch of Blueberry Oatmeal Squares.