Photography: Valerie Wilcox
Break away from the storebought variety and make your own holiday cards this year. Try this simple button wreath that's topped with a red ribbon.
Finished with a red bow, a circle of green buttons effects the look of a festive wreath.
• 5- x 7-inch white blank card
• Hot glue gun
• 14 small and medium-size buttons in varying shades of green
• 1/4-inch wide red ribbon
1. Using the pencil, draw a circle 2 1/2 inches in diameter almost halfway down the card.
2. Using the pencil mark as a guide, glue the buttons in a circle, alternating sizes and shades.
3. Tie the ribbon into a small bow; glue to the top of the wreath.