Photography: Donna Griffith
Take your holiday wrapping from mundane to memorable with these delicate lace-imprinted gift tags.
• Parchment paper
• Rolling pin
• 227 grams oven-bake clay
• 1 1/2-inch wide lace ribbon
• Assorted snowflake cookie cutters
• Wooden skewer
• Baking sheet
• Permanent marker
Cookie cutters, mccalls.ca.
1. On a large piece of parchment paper, using the rolling pin, roll out the clay to a 1/4-inch thickness that's also wide enough for the cookie cutters.
2. Place a length of ribbon over top of the clay. Using the rolling pin, apply enough pressure to leave an imprint but not enough to thin out the clay. Peel off the ribbon.
3. Place a cookie cutter on the lace-imprinted clay; press to cut out a snowflake shape. Repeat until all of the clay is used, rerolling scraps if necessary. (This amount of clay yields about 10 gift tags.)
4. Using the skewer, poke a hole through the top of each snowflake.
5. Set the snowflakes on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake according to package directions. Let cool.
6. Using the permanent marker, write the recipient's name on the back of each tag. Thread a piece of string through each hole and attach to a gift.
Sculpey III Oven-Bake clay in White and lace ribbon, michaels.com.