Photography, Stefan Johnson, Unsplash.com
We've put together the most romantic dinner menu for you and your other half this Valentine's Day.
If the way to your loved one's heart lies through their stomach, then making them dinner is the most romantic thing you can do. Whether or not you'll be celebrating on February 14, these dinner menu ideas are perfect for any occasion when you want to impress and express your feelings with food.
Here's how to build a romantic dinner menu for two. Serve with a bottle of wine or with a couple of mocktails.
Photography, Louis Hansel, Unsplash.com
Start off with a delicious appetizer, or something that's light to snack on while the main course is cooking. You can put together an easy cheese board or go with classic oysters.
Our appetizer ideas:
- Whipped feta & peach, corn or tomato bruschetta
- Oysters with pomegranate-lime mignonette
- How to buy, store and eat oystersCheddar chorizo gougères
Photography, Jeff Coulson.
We recommend a classic, Lady And The Tramp-worthy pasta dish as your main course. It's easy to make and hard to ruin—so you won't be stressed while you're trying to impress.
Pasta possibilities include:
- Making fresh pasta
- Spinach, tomato and portobello pasta
- Mediterranean spinach and chicken pasta
- Linguine mushroom bolognese
- Cacio e pepe
- 22 simple and easy pasta recipes
Photography, Maya Visnyei.
To lighten up your main course, make sure to prepare an easy side dish, like veggies or a salad.
Try one of these:
The pièce de résistance is bound to be dessert. Go all out and make something decadent—don't be afraid to lean into romance with a rich chocolate recipe.
For more, read these:
- 38 decadent chocolate recipes
- Silky chocolate mousse
- Chocolate hazelnut mousse cake
- Mulled wine and dark chocolate bundt cake
5 FOOD & DRINK TRENDS TO WATCH FOR IN 2024